UKCA marking will become mandatory for a wide range of products sold in the United Kingdom starting in 2025. Many companies are already working on implementing UKCA compliance before this deadline.
1. Research UK regulations
We start the process by researching the relevant UK regulations that require UKCA marking. We primarily take the following into consideration:
- Conformity assessment process/modules
- Documentation requirements
- Labeling requirements
- Notified body requirements
- Testing requirements
Deliverable: PDF report
Note: We do not cover medical devices.
2. Research UK designated standards
We can also help you research relevant harmonised standards for your product.
3. Create files
Once the requirements have been identified, we can move forward and help you create the following files:
- UK Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
- UKCA label file
- Traceability label file
Note: We only provide general guidance concerning the creation of technical documentation and user instructions. Creating these files require expertise concerning the product.
4. Lab testing
Finally, we help you find suitable lab testing companies. We can also help you search a UK approved bodies, if required, and obtain quotations.
1. We usually provide an upfront fixed rate on a per-assignemnt basis. Here are some examples:
Level I: Researching directives – from 700 USD
Level II: Researching directives and creating files – from 1500 USD
Level III: All of the above, and also contacting labs and notified bodies – from 2000 USD
2. The quotation provides a clearly defined set of milestones
3. The cost ultimately depends on the scope and complexity of the assignment.
Terms of Service
You can read our full Terms of Service on this page.